Re: X.org plans for the squeeze cycle

* Bastian Blank (waldi@debian.org) [090909 12:37]:
> On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:37:18AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > One more thing.  Intel plans to deprecate userspace mode setting with
> > their Q4 2009 release (meaning December this year, so probably something
> > we'll want for squeeze, depending on the freeze date you pick).
>
> Oh, no. Not again. It does not yet properly work without the new memory
> manager (#538442). And KMS is completely unusable currently on this
> kernels.

If not at X side, is it a possibility to either (a) add the new memory
manager to lenny (I assume not), or (b) tell the users "you need to
upgrade your kernel first" (and make the new X pre-depending somehow
on the kernel). Of course, this sounds to me like "people need to do
updates in console mode", which ... isn't the best either.

Cheers,
Andi