Re: Release Team, BTS, and debian-release@ policy.

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 07:25:16PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Felix Zielcke wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, den 06.09.2009, 18:48 +0200 schrieb Pierre Habouzit:
> >> To help with the tracking of the numerous issues the Release Team has to deal
> >> with, we decided to make use of the release.debian.org pseudo-package on the
> >> BTS[1]. It will help us to avoid missing requests, which sadly happens a bit
> >> too often for our taste.
> >>

> >> BTS Usertags
> >> ============
> >>
> >> To help triaging bugs, the Release Team will use the following usertags:
> >
> >>   unblock, freeze-exception:
> >>               to use for unblock or freeze-exception requests.
> >
> > Does this mean unblock/freeze-exception requests should be filed as a
> > bug now instead of sending to the list?
> > For me this isn't that clear, but I assume yes?
>
> Preferably, yes.

Note that debian-release@lists.debian.org is the contact address for the
release.debian.org package, which means that the requests will end up
on-list as before. And we, Release Team members will probably continue
to mostly work from debian-release@.

The BTS is meant to help us check we forget nothing, or to help managing
interdependent bugs (for example transitions) thanks to the `blocked by`
BTS feature. So if you don't want your unblocks, or freeze exceptions to
be forgotten, yes, it's preferable to use the BTS.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit