Re: Bug #544478 ftp.debian.org: diff should not be extra in testing yet

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009, Philipp Kern wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 10:58:40AM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:
> > regarding this bug report: would it be an option to lower age-days for
> > diffutils a bit?
>
> Overrides of testing and unstable are shared.  I thus placed an urgent
> hint so that britney considers it on her next run.

Thanks, that will indeed solve the problem.

BTW: I believed overrides of testing and unstable were different and
independent (even if they are usually the same). Now you say they are
shared. I'm curious: Has this always been the case?

While we are at it: How should we have handled this transition in
order to not break users of testing as we did?