Re: Please do not idly mess with packages in state Building

* Martin Zobel-Helas (zobel@ftbfs.de) [090902 12:10]:
> On Wed Sep 02, 2009 at 09:15:40 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Of course there are exceptions. If a package has been in Building for
> > weeks or months, fixing that is called 'cleanup', and absolutely
> > welcome.
>
> Even this cleanup should be done be the buildd admins itself IMHO. I
> usually do that together with a chroot-cleanup on the buildd, and thus
> do not like to have it done by others. I know that i sometimes lag
> behind a bit (a day or two). Nag me over IRC in that case.

I assume that putting a package back to needs-build if the build is
from June (and it needs an rebuild anyways because the dependencies
are changed - I notice such usually on the hunt to finish transitions
and look at packages that look like they need an binNMU but are not in
state Installed) like I did today is ok. If you even dislike that,
please say so.

I fully agree that "cleanup" of packages that built the day before
yesterday or so should be done only by the buildd admin. (I currently
use "14 days" as the magical line, but I'm happy to shift the number
of days to any number you feel comfortable with - please notice that
next to all packages in Building are *way* younger.)

Cheers,
Andi