Re: OpenOffice.org plans for the squeeze cycle

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 03:15:42PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > * How many "big" transitions will the upcoming changes cause? When should those
> >   happen? Can we do something to make them easier?
>
> I am not aware of any, but you never know with Sun. (The last one was with
> OOo 3.0.1, and it was just started *right now*, because I wasn't able until
> now because of other transitions OOo is in)

Well, this is a mixup when writing the mail on my side, sorry:

The "transition" (more like "bugs caused by it") with OOo 3.0.1 is bugs like
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=517782 (NMUed by me)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=517783 (fixed)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=517784 (fixed)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=517786 (fixed)

The other one which I meant with this is also related with OOo3
(as a side-effect of the bogus upstream "feature" to only allow dictionaries
as extensions, and the then-made patch from distros to still support
standalone dicts). This is
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2009/08/msg00025.html. IMHO
we should *not* release before at least STEP 2 is completed

Grüße/Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70