Re: sbuild bug #395271 on various buildds

Hallo Roger,

am Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:34:50PM +0100 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:19:11PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> > Tim Retout wrote:
> > > There is a bug in sbuild on various buildds (at least hppa, ia64, mips,
> > > mipsel, s390, sparc) with versioned dependencies and virtual packages.
> > > The details are in bug #395271, and it was fixed in sbuild 0.57.4-1.
> > versioned dependencies on virtual packages are not supported and are
> > still a bug AFAICS.
> Yes, and (correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't think there's any
> prospect of it becoming supported.  Since it's virtual, each package
> providing it will have a different version number, so it makes no
> sense to have one in the dependency.  If you need a versioned
> depdendency, you need to depend upon a real package, or set of
> alternative packages perhaps with each having a version requirement.
>
> Does apt even support this?

isn't the problem rather that an older version is provided by perl-modules
which is overridden by a real package which has a newer version?  Still
broken IMHO, though.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager