Re: sbuild bug #395271 on various buildds

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:19:11PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Tim Retout wrote:
> > There is a bug in sbuild on various buildds (at least hppa, ia64, mips,
> > mipsel, s390, sparc) with versioned dependencies and virtual packages.
> > The details are in bug #395271, and it was fixed in sbuild 0.57.4-1.
>
> versioned dependencies on virtual packages are not supported and are
> still a bug AFAICS.

Yes, and (correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't think there's any
prospect of it becoming supported.  Since it's virtual, each package
providing it will have a different version number, so it makes no
sense to have one in the dependency.  If you need a versioned
depdendency, you need to depend upon a real package, or set of
alternative packages perhaps with each having a version requirement.

Does apt even support this?

Regards,
Roger

--