Re: Add ons to Debian Lenny

Hi,
* Peter Johnson <pajival07@supanet.com> [2009-07-29 10:55]:
> Dear Team, July 1st I became a user of linux for the first time, Debian
> Lenny now up and running very well. My criticsym of the OS is very
> fudemental, I wish to play encripted DVDs, there is no povision to do
> so!and no advice how to! Playing encripted DVDs is fundemental to any
> operating system.

That depends on what you are doing with an operating system.
Anyway, a quick google search returned e.g.
http://www.debuntu.org/how-to-play-dvd-under-ubuntu-linux

> My second point why not provde a clear list of supported hardware?

Cause that would be a) hard to maintain and b) most of the
supported hardware is supported by the Linux kernel, not the
software we provide that form the Debian OS.
[...]

Besides that I think this is the wrong list to discuss this
even if I have no idea currently which one would fit better.
Maybe debian-project.

Cheers
Nico
--