Add ons to Debian Lenny

Dear Team, July 1st I became a user of linux for the first time, Debian
Lenny now up and running very well. My criticsym of the OS is very
fudemental, I wish to play encripted DVDs, there is no povision to do
so!and no advice how to! Playing encripted DVDs is fundemental to any
operating system. My second point why not provde a clear list of
supported hardware? The printer list is comprehensive and fine, so what
about the Film scanners , the flatbeds, and the webcams? I have spent
hours searching for programs to drive the hardware that I own already,
and none have any direct and obvious support. If you provided a list of
hardware that will actualy work with Lenny, many more people would opt
to use Linux. I am a user not a Geek or into UNIX or any other kind of
systems. I do not wish to understand or bother myself with! As a user I
expect to be able to use the operating system without any special
knowledge, I can do this with Windows XP Professional and all my
hardware works with it. You take the trouble to provide a printer list
and no others. To me this is a good reason to go back to windows XP and
say linux is useless to my friends and family dont bother with it as
Linux does not provide the hardware support for your hardware already
purchased. The point I am making is you should provide a list of
equipment hardware that will work with Debian without any problems so
one would be confident in making the purchase of hardware to work with
Linux. Remember most of the public who use windows do not even know
anything about programing, and just know if its windows most things work
with it. So please provide a list and support this with the drivers
needed to make the listed items work, then you will have a truely
alternative OS to windows!