Re: Please hint krb5 1.7 into testing and retain libkrb53 in testing

>Ah, that's the reason. I thought there were different source packages
>involved (for libkrb53), but apparently you ask to do a gross hack to
>keep the libkrb53 binary package in while migrating krb5 and its
>remaining binary packages. This is possible, though I'd rather not do that.

>If we would do something like that we would probably retain all the
>binary packages from the previous source package btw.

Your call obviously.  In a general policy discussion (not this thread,
not this mailing list probably) I'd love to try and convince the
release team that this is not a hack and is a good thing to do when:

* Breakage is null or low
* Things are in such a state that  if you really had to drop enough packages to make a release, you could.

However I'd like to learn more from your side before trying to do
that. If we find ourselves sharing a drink at debconf, perhaps we could discuss.

--Sam