Re: HPPA and Squeeze

> There are some limitations on hppa if a file is both opened for reading
> (via read()) and written to via a mmap'ed mapping. This came up a few
> years ago.
>
> Does gcc do this?

Not that I am aware of.  The situation is essentially the reverse of
the above.  Data is written from a region of memory.  Then, in another
instance of gcc, it needs to be mmap'ed back to the same location in
memory.  In theory, it could be brought back to a different location
but this would require a fairly complex set of relocations.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)