Re: removal of sdm source package

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 04:29:13PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >What is your plan and thought?  Please let us know.
>
> My plan is to keep the package alive.  I dislike its successor by same
> author, ldm, due to its coding style - e.g. hardcoding ssh client
> options inside a tiny C program.
>
> I am right now preparing a new packaging release fixing all bugs against
> the package, including removing the watch file, acknowledging that
> upstream project is dead.

Good luck.

I do not like seeing broken testing package hanging for long tome just
to keep package name for you to upload a whole new program after long
delay, though.  So I am looking for new one to e uploaded soonish.
Thanks in advance.

> >(I did not see you have followed up any open bug reports on this
> >package.  Your last upload of this package is in 2006.  This is some
> >package which claims to help security and this does not look nice
> >situation and attracted my attention.)
>
> Please note that none of the bugreports are security-related.

If maintainer is active, I would like the maintainer to reply even with
short message so everyone else knows what maintainer is doing.  Silence
as a maintainer cause worry.  This is true especially when package is
broken in its main functionality due to missing dependency.

Regards,

Osamu