Re: ICU 4.2 in experimental

Hi,

Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> > I have just uploaded ICU 4.2 in experimental.  As is generally the
> > case, this release of ICU is expected to be source-compatible with
> > earlier versions, including 4.0 which is currently in unstable.  It
> > will have to clear NEW, but once it does, you may wish to test your
> > packages against the new version of ICU.  Once it does clear NEW, I
> > will send email to debian-devel mentioning that it is there.  I will
> > work with debian-release to schedule a transition to ICU 4.2 once I
> > have received confirmation from the Open Office people that they are
> > ready.  Most likely, everyone else will get by with just an binary
> > NMU.
>
> Well, assuming OOo builds (which it seems it does, it at least passed
> the place where it does heavy stuff with icu at build time) it can be
> bin-NMUed, too.. Need to check whether it works, though...

Needed a fix in the Lotus Word Pro filter nevertheless, no idea why it
broke right now with icu 4.2 and not  before but the file does include
unicode/timezone.h. Anyway, fixed. (LONG_MAX self-defined as const instead
of using limits.h>

Means: we'll need OOo >= 3.0.1-5 to build against ICU 4.2

Gr�egards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  Rene Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73