Re: [pkg-boost-devel] Upload of Boost 1.38

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:10:41PM +0200, Adeodato Sim?? wrote:

> > Basically all it has is a control file with unversioned -dev packages
> > that depend on the corresponding 1.38-dev package.  I'd appreciate it
> > if you would give it a glance and see whether I've missed something.
>
> Let's make the unversioned development packages arch:any, and
> build-depend on libboost1.38-dev. That way, even if the intent is to
> only bump the major version when eg. boost1.39 is built everywhere, it
> should be less problematic (ie. no uninstallable -dev) if it gets done
> before, either on purpose or accidentally.

I have done as you asked.

However, I don't understand (a) what is the issue you are concerned
about, and (b) how this change prevents it.  If you don't mind, could
you expand on this?  I think this may benefit others, as 2 of the 3
-defaults packages I looked at as examples use arch:all.

Thanks,
-Steve