Re: Testing removals for GTK 1.2 removal

Adeodato Simó wrote:
> + Moritz Muehlenhoff (Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:17:05 +0200):
>
>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:52:13AM +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>>> + Moritz Muehlenhoff (Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:05:38 +0200):

>>> On the contrary, it’s gtk1.2 and imlib that britney won’t remove from
>>> testing as long as they have reverse dependencies in testing (ie.,
>>> britney won’t let a removal to leave uninstallables around).
>
>>> So the options indeed are doing a mass-removal by hand, and then
>>> packages that get fixed get back in once they depend on gtk2; or to
>>> delay the mass-removal, and only perform it after a reasonable period in
>>> which gtk1.2 reverse dependencies have had some time to get ported.
>
>> Well, that reasonable time frame were the last, umm, five years :-)
>
>> Removing the remaining packages from testing rather speeds things up, e.g.
>> gringotts has been fixed shortly after it was removed from testing a
>> few days ago.
>
> If Luk doesn't object, we'll do a mass-removal during May. CC'ing Luk.

I won't object as long as the kde transition is over by then
(kdegraphics and kdebindings are involved) and the list of packages that
will be removed is announced on the developers mailing list with Ccs to
the maintainer addresses (<pkg>@packages.d.o).

Cheers

Luk