Re: Testing removals for GTK 1.2 removal

Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 11:10:54PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> > the following source packages have at least one binary package, which
> > is now uninstallable, because one or more of it's depencies have been
> > removed (GTK 1.2, Imlib1). Please remove them from testing:
> >

> Hi Moritz,
>
> From a quick check, these are to be removed from unstable. When this
> happens, they'll automatically get dropped from testing. Would you like
> us to specially process these anyway?

gtk1.2 and imlib1 have been removed from unstable, they'll be removed from
testing automatically.
However, the list of packages I've sent were linked against either of the
two and are now uninstallable. Not not all of them are scheduled for
removal, since I'd estimate that at least half of them will be ported
or replaced by newer upstream using GTK2. (while the remainders will likely
be removed from unstable as well).

But sorting this out will take some time and to keep Squeeze neat, tidy
and constantly useful I would suggest to remove them from testing.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you and uninstallable packages are removed
automatically from testing?

Cheers,
        Moritz