Re: udev 0.141-1 migration

+ Marco d'Itri (Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:20:00 +0200):

> On Apr 21, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:

> > you mentioned release action was needed for udev and hal to migrate
> > together ASAP. However, you didn???t mention that libvolume-id???s SONAME
> > had been bumped, in which case we would???ve detected earlier that
> > redhat-cluster also needed a rebuild against this new SONAME.
> I only knew about hal, the testing pages did not report redhat-cluster.

The testing pages are useful to see how to proceed once all packages
have been rebuilt, but they're useless at assessing what packages need a
rebuild. That's why I suggested it's better to always mention a library
transition is involved.

Anyway, redhat-cluster has been successfully rebuilt everywhere and is
just waiting for the buildd admins to sign the changes files. After that
udev should be able to migrate shortly.

    https://buildd.debian.org/~luk/status/package.php?p=redhat-cluster

- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.