Re: JD package for Lenny point release

Hi,

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:06:10 +0200
Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> If the fix is too intrusive for a lenny point release the way to support it is
> in backports.org, where it already is.

 I don't think "too intrusive", because no packages are depending on JD package.
 And is there any wrong side effect? Its changes is huge, yes, I agree. But it
 is not depended from other packages.

 And for example, at the first point release

>pidgin 	Fix failure while connecting to ICQ servers due to protocol changes
>postgresql-8.3 	New upstream bugfix release

 pidgin deals with protocol changes and postgresql is new release.
 What's the difference with JD package's change? I think it is same issue.

 (it is like that suddenly protocol is changed, and there was no annouce before
  that change...)

 So, please, don't remove jd package from lenny and update (or provide from
 volatile).

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp