Re: About the current state of the Yum package in Lenny

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 21:11 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> William Pitcock wrote:
> > I call bollocks here. I am using the version of yum in stable right now
> > to yield perfectly working virtual machine filesystems.
> >
> > How is it "broken" when it is working as expected on production servers?
> >
> > William
>
> This has been discussed many times, and detailed in the bug report.
>
> Broken == can't bootstrap an OS with yum, with yum/misc.py importing the
> wrong python module (so yum just crashes each time yum/misc.py is involved).
>
> The fact that you are saying that your yum is "perfectly working", I
> really don't think so, it's just pure hazard that in your environment
> you don't use yum/misc.py. What exactly are you doing with yum?

nenolod@petrie:~$ sudo yum -c ak-bootstrap.conf
--installroot=/home/nenolod/bootstraptest install centos-release yum
ak-bootstrap              100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
primary.xml.gz             28% |=======                  | 328 kB
00:13 ETA
[...]
nenolod@petrie:~$ sudo yum -c ak-bootstrap.conf
--installroot=/home/nenolod/bootstraptest groupinstall base
[...]

It's not broken. End of story.

William