Re: please unblock reportbug-ng

+ Bastian Venthur (Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:27:58 +0100):

> rng tries to include the output of bugscript automatically into the
> mail. But if the output is too long to fit in a single mailto URL it
> recognizes the situation, puts the output in a temporary file and puts a
> message into the mail pointing to the tempfile and asking the user to
> attach this file. rng would attach those file automatically if I'd know
> how to do it. So basically rng provides the output in most cases
> automatically but in some cases, like xorg, the user has to do a manual
> step.

I see. Well, putting the output of bugscript in the URL sounds scary.
Have you investigated about using the xdg-email(1) command, from the
xdg-utils package? It allows to invoke the configured mailer for the
user (it has some logic to detect what’s the user’s preferred MUA), and
it takes options like --body and --attach. Maybe it is better, maybe it
is not.

Anyway, I meant to ask: now that reportbug has a graphical interface
and, particularly, a Python library, what are your plans for rng in the
future, during this release cycle?

Thanks,

--
- Are you sure we're good?