Re: please unblock reportbug-ng

Adeodato Simó schrieb:
> Putting Bastian on the loop so he can read this bit about bugscripts not
> working and he can comment on it.
>
> --- Sune Vuorela [Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:56:31 +0000]:
>
>> On 2009-03-08, Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote:
>>> Hola!
>
>>> As far as I remember the reasons for the block where:
>
>>>  1. Not showing presubj
>>>  2. Not sending output of bugscript
>
>> I can't get output of bugscripts to be attached - neither when trying to
>> report bugs against xserver-xorg-video-mga nor libplasma3

rng tries to include the output of bugscript automatically into the
mail. But if the output is too long to fit in a single mailto URL it
recognizes the situation, puts the output in a temporary file and puts a
message into the mail pointing to the tempfile and asking the user to
attach this file. rng would attach those file automatically if I'd know
how to do it. So basically rng provides the output in most cases
automatically but in some cases, like xorg, the user has to do a manual
step.

>> But presubj works.
>
>> There is several low hanging issues that is very nice from a maintainers
>> pov that is also missing, like the suggests and recommends of a package
>> that are still missing as well.

Yes I'm aware of it and it's easy to implement, but it's not the reason
rng is blocked is it?

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org