Re: library transition proposal libosip2 (was: library transition proposal libortp/ liblinphone)

* Paul Wise [Sun, 08 Mar 2009 23:58:40 +0900]:

> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:

> > Yes, this is known. I've promised in the past to write a document about
> > library maintenance, and it would cover all this as well. I've already
> > started writing it some weeks ago, thought it's going to take a bit more
> > until it's finished.

> Something like libpkg-guide but with #493951 fixed?

Well, that's something that'll be definitely addressed, but the scope is
a bit different than libpkg-guide. It's a (hopefully brief) handbook of
good practices to play well with the rest of Debian, not an exhaustive
manual on the technical details of library packaging.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org
- I love you, Shirley, I'm not ashamed to say.
- If you love me, then you'll want me to be happy. Even if I'm not with you.
- I don't love you that much.
                -- Denny Crane and Shirley Schmidt