Re: [RFC] Debian Installer related scripts suitable for moving

* Otavio Salvador [Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:53:30 -0300]:

Hi again,

> Personally I belive that, after a small period of fixing, those scripts
> should ramain mostly unmodified for long time. I don't think we'd need
> to be able to push changes "for next run".

> Most of things will appear as soon as we do the switch and then we'll be
> in touch to fix the remaning issues and getting it in a stable code. After
> that, I do belive we can use RM people as a proxy for getting things fixed.

> Even more due our nice collaboration we've been doing during Lenny and this
> new development cycle.

Okay, good. :-)

> >> The only ones that come to my head are:

> >>  1. testing summary (http://merkel.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/testing-summary.html)
> >>  2. building summary (http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/build-logs.html)

> > There is also http://ftp-master.debian.org/d-i. Which has a planned
> > revamp for ourselves, and I will move it to release.d.o at the same
> > time.

> Yes but this output could be merged into the testing-summary.

> > And, regarding #1 above, I confirm what I said on IRC: I am not able to
> > maintain that, plus it doesn't work against the projectb database, so
> > I'd rewrite it into something I can maintain: python + SQL + html
> > templates.

> I have no objection on that. I'm used to Python and SQL and can help fixing
> things if required.

> > So, I'll wait to hear from you regarding all of the above. I'll repeat
> > that our goal is to make things better for you, and that you have to
> > help us figure out what that entails.

> Sure. Before you start working on the scripts, give some time for people
> to comment.

OK. Please just reply to this thread when you think we can start. Just
give a comprehensive list of the information you need in the page for
the first testing-summary script.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                             Listening to: Alanis Morissette - Not As We