Re: very late freeze exception for texlive-extra 2007.dfsg.16-1

David Paleino wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:23:10 +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On Di, 17 Feb 2009, David Paleino wrote:
>>> fine. Everything _lower_ than any version in squeeze/sid (to ease upgrades)
>>> but _higher_ than the current version in lenny.
>> But in sid = lenny atm, and we will probably only do lenny stuff on the
>> 2007 packages anyway ...
>
> You should do separate uploads nevertheless, if I correctly understood the
> proposed-updates mechanism.

Indeed, uploading a version to sid and one with a lower version to
proposed-updates.

> And this also applies if you want to make the same changes in sid and in lenny
> -- you should do two uploads (<version>-1+lenny1 and <version>-2)
>
>> It was more about the distribution line, whether it should be "unstable"
>> or "proposed-updated" or something else.
>
> If it's meant to be uploaded in lenny, stable-proposed-updates (or just
> "proposed-updates") is the way to go. And if you want to make the same changes
> in sid, you should upload a -2 there, separately. :)
>
> Then again, I might be wrong, and RMs will tell us.
> I hope I got everything right though, someone (*cough*NM*cough*) might be
> watching me. ;)

You're right, we just need a version in unstable before we can accept
the one in proposed-updates.

Cheers

Luk

PS: Please mention your package and bug number when you upload to
proposed-updates on [1].

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases/PointReleases/5.0.1