Re: firestarter

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 07:42:48PM -0200, Renato S. Yamane wrote:
> Maybe we already in release time to Lenny, but check if is possible get
> firestarter from SID, because this bug[1] do it unusable (it desapear
> after sometime running).
>
> [1] <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=498546>

Then please get the maintainer to send an informed statement to us.

The patch looks pretty big and I wonder if the lock_firewall localhost stuff
is indeed correctly (IMHO 127.* is local, not just 127.0.0.1, and some
traffic might indeed go to 127.0.1.1 on a Debian box).  Of course much of
it is the italian po.

         if [ -s /etc/firestarter/configuration -a -x /usr/sbin/firestarter ];
         then
-            /usr/sbin/firestarter --generate-scripts
+            firestarter --generate-scripts
         fi

This looks strange to me, too.

Anyway I want an upload prepared by the maintainer that is appropriately
tested so that the issues are indeed confirmed as fixed.  The bug log did
not look that conclusive.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant