Re: Moving KLog to Testing

Jaime,

I would like to reply to your message in a calmly way, but it's proving
very difficult, because this is not the first nor the second time you do
something akin to this. Ignorance is not outrageous, not at all, but
repeated failure to take up on the suggestions that yours needs addressing,
certainly is.¹

  (¹) For those reading along, much of this happened in the devel-spanish
      mailing list AFAICR.

You lack knowledge about a lot of things a Developer should know about.
I don't know if you used to know about them back when you did NM, and
you forgot, or what happened there. I would like to tell you: «If you
feel your lack of knowledge is preventing you from exercising your DD
duties with responsibility and sucess, perhaps you should consider
unofficially redoing NM.» But I'm not going to say that, because it's
obvious you wouldn't deem it necessary. So I'm going to say to you: «You
really need to clue up, and a good way would be grabbing the NM templates,
read upon the subjects covered, and have your answers reviewed by some AM.»

If you fail to clue up, I'll find it very hard to reply constructively
to your (admittedly not very frequent) mails on this list, so I'll just
pass and let some other person deal with them. That surely works.

In case you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about:

  * either you are not subscribed to debian-devel-announce, or you are
    not reading messages sent to it, or you are reading them but
    ignoring the part where I asked people not to waste my time, or you
    outsmarted me for I became enlightened that this may not be a waste
    of my time after all.

  * you seem to believe that the Release Team can put packages in
    testing even if their dependencies will not be satisfied, because
    the package will work regardless of what dpkg may think of the
    matter. Believing that is bad, very very bad.

With kind regards,

---

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a flea, yet he makes gods by the
dozens.
                -- Michel de Montaigne