Adding D-Link DNS-323 support in a stable update of lenny

Matthew Palmer has recently created patches that add support for the
D-Link DNS-323 device to lenny.  The patches are well done but
unfortunately too late for inclusion in lenny.  I wanted to discuss
with you whether it would be possible to add DNS-323 support as part
of a stable update of lenny.

There are actually not many patches that are needed and the changes
are quite small (and self-contained):

 - #502821 oldsys-preseed: Extract values for DNS-323 (this requires
   a new kernel udeb for the minix module)
 - #503040 debian-installer: Build firmware for the DNS-323: This
   requires the dns323-firmware-tools package that is currently not
   in testing (but in unstable for > 10 days).
 - #502936 Include minix-modules in the armel-orion5x d-i kernel: I
   might make this change for lenny d-i rc2, but I'm not sure yet.

In other words, we would need updates for:
 - oldsys-preseed
 - the armel udeb package (if I don't make the change before rc2)
 - debian-installer itself

There is no hurry with these changes, so we could simply make the
changes with the first point release that involves a new upload of
debian-installer.

Do you think these changes would be appropriate for a point release?
If so, it would be nice to hint dns323-firmware-tools into lenny
because we'll need this package to generate installer images for the
DNS-323.

Thanks.
--
Martin Michlmayr