Re: matplotlib: grave bug in lenny package

* Sandro Tosi [Sun, 19 Oct 2008 15:18:21 +0200]:

> Hi all,
> I'm following up with Kumar requests

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 19:52, Kumar Appaiah <a.kumar@alumni.iitm.ac.in> wrote:
> > matplotlib is almost ready for migration, except that ia64, mips and
> > powerpc packages need to be rebuilt on an updated chroot (where the
> > version of gcc and g++ are identical). (sparc is also building, but I
> > guess that wouldn't be much of a problem as it built there earlier).

> > http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=matplotlib&suite=testing

> > In spite of requesting earlier, I have been unable to get the buildd
> > admins to update their lenny chroots on these architectures.
> > Therefore, I reiterate this request to the the buildd admins. Once
> > this is done, a give-back should fix matplotlib for Lenny.

> The situation of version 0.98.1-1+lenny3 is this:

> mips: Uploaded, needs just to be Installed
> ia64: I think a give-back is needed, since the error "gcc: error
> trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory" seems
> something went wrong on the buildd (maibe a chroot update?)
> powerpc: build-attempted 3 times but no log I can find to check (could
> be the same problem of ia64?)

> We'd really like to see this fixed, so if you need anything from us
> (Kumar and me) just let us know.

Hello, as I told Kumar anything that's in t-p-u is our responsibility,
so you need not do anything else. :-)

(FYI powerpc is done now, and ia64 is slowly getting there.)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

«Ara que ets la meva dona, te la fotré fins a la melsa, bacona!»
                -- Terenci Moix, “Chulas y famosas”