Re: Status of gnade in lenny?

* Ludovic Brenta [Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:15:46 +0200]:

> Selon Ludovic Brenta:
> > gnat-gps (=4.0.1-6lenny1).  I uploaded it to testing 2 weeks ago but
> > it is still in the NEW queue.

> This reminds me of a question I've always wanted to know but was afraid to
> ask: how come uploading gnat-gps to testing with no binary package name
> change sent it to the NEW queue even though (another version of) gnat-gps
> is already in unstable (and various versions have been in unstable
> continuously since January 2004)?

Apparently because it's not in the target suite of the upload. (That is,
since it was uploaded for testing, but there were no gnat-gps binaries
there, it got to visit NEW.)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

In my opinion, the most fruitful and natural play of the mind is in
conversation. I find it sweeter than any other action in life; and if I
were forced to choose, I think I would rather lose my sight than my
hearing and voice.
                -- Michel de Montaigne