Re: d-i uses bootloaders

On Saturday 21 June 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > yaird
>
> Another one missing. This breaks a small corner of d-i's UI. If yaird
> is not going to be added back to testing (and looking at the BTS, I
> doubt it will), we should modify d-i to not offer it as an option.

It does not. Only generators that are actually available get offered.
Currently the question is just skipped. There is zero chance of breakage.

Even with this list in place it would be nice if RMs would not blindly
assume any package that is not in it is not (too many nots?) just too
important that maybe asking for help on d-devel (with deadline if you
like) is more appropriate than just removing it from testing without
essentially any warning.

IMO it's a pity that we've not had any real contribution in the lilo
discussion from any of the RMs. In that case an apology might even have
been appropriate. If you want other developers to work _with_ the release
team to get the release out in time, then it would be great if you'd not
actually work _against_ those same developers. And hiding behind some
general RC rules just does not always provide enough cover.

Adeodato: thanks very much for picking up on this.

Cheers,
FJP