Re: d-i uses bootloaders

* Joey Hess [Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:38:11 -0400]:

> Frans Pop wrote:
> > Jérémy posted a full list that included all these in the thread about
> > #484129 and d-release was CCed in that mail:
> > <[🔎] 20080606110050.GA15496@qamar>

> BTW, I've double-checked (ie, generated my own since I didn't know about
> his) the list. I'd add linux-2.6 and linux-modules-extra-2.6 to it,
> otherwise we made identical lists..

Ok, I'm working into adding a mechanism to prevent removal of all those
packages (plus tasksel "Key" packages).

For the list to be useful to me, I need a list of binary packages which
are *present in testing*; and if the binary package is not available on
i386, an indication of the architecture in which it is available. See
below for my work on this.

The list will be available somewhere under release.d.o, and you'd update
it the same way we update as the list of packages to freeze, with a mail
to debian-release.

Working from the initial list provided by Jérémy, I get this:

Binary packages available in testing on i386 (these go verbatim to the
list):

-8<-
acpi
acpi-support-base
acpid
busybox
console-common
console-cyrillic
console-data
console-setup
console-terminus
console-tools
cryptsetup
delo
dmraid
dmsetup
dosfstools
e2fsprogs
eject
elilo
grub
grub-efi
grub-pc
hfsutils
initramfs-tools
installation-report
jfsutils
laptop-detect
libc6-i686
libfribidi0
locales
loop-aes-utils
lvm2
mdadm
multipath-tools-boot
nis
openssh-server
palo
pcmciautils
reiserfsprogs
sudo
uboot-mkimage
udev
usbutils
wireless-tools
xfsprogs
->8-

These packages are not available on i386, so I've dak-ls-guessed the
architecture they should refer to (one architecture is enough, as long
as it's not going to disappear from that architecture; please check
it's correct):

-8<-
aboot              [alpha]
apex-nslu2         [armel]
arcboot            [mips]
colo               [mipsel]
flash-kernel       [armel]
glantank-utils     [armel]
grub-of            [powerpc]
libc6-sparcv9b     [sparc]
mkvmlinuz          [powerpc]
nslu2-utils        [armel]
pbbuttonsd         [powerpc]
powerpc-utils      [powerpc]
quik               [powerpc]
sibyl              [mips]
silo               [sparc]
sysconfig-hardware [s390]
yaboot             [powerpc]
->8-

Packages which are only in unstable and hence I can't include in the
list for now (you'd need to ping us when they make it back to testing):

-8<-
lilo (...)
yaird
->8-

Other packages which don't fit:

-8<-
vmelilo: m68k-only, not in testing.
libc6-sparcv9: only in stable?
->8-

I'll mail -boot once the mechanism is in place and working.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                        Listening to: Propellerheads - History Repeating