Re: d-i uses bootloaders

Joey Hess wrote:
> As a followup to #484129, I'd like to remind the release team that d-i
> uses and installs bootloaders. These include, but are not limited to
> grub, syslinux, ***LILO***, elilo, vmelilo, silo, aboot, palo, amiboot,
> arcboot, emile, apex-nslu2, sibyl, colo, delo, quik, and yaboot. This is
> the thick end of the wedge of packages that d-i installs, frankly it's
> the ones I'd have thought obvious. (Sorry, still no complete list.)

Jérémy posted a full list that included all these in the thread about
#484129 and d-release was CCed in that mail:
<[🔎] 20080606110050.GA15496@qamar>

I totally agree with Joey (as was probably already clear from my earlier
mail). The release team really needs to review the way it selects, plans,
announces and executes these removals from testing.

Cheers,
FJP