Re: why is apt blocked from testing?

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 04:36:38PM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> However, according to http://packages.qa.debian.org/apt, apt is currently
> blocked from testing by pkern. Shouldn't this block be reconsidered given
> the impact of the bug?

The block is temporary until d-i beta2 is out.  I hope it can be lifted
soonish.  I heared that CD builds are already in progress, so it should
not take long.

This bug was probably not put to attention of the right people, so the
broken version of apt was included in the beta.  I cannot judge upon the
importance of the bug, though.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                             Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                       Debian Release Assistant