why is apt blocked from testing?

Hello,

please look at http://bugs.debian.org/473559, which makes aptitude completely unusable in the ru_RU.UTF-8 locale and makes Russian installations (at least from mini.iso) fail. In the log, there is a comment: "These bugs should be fixed by apt 0.7.12, which I've just uploaded to the archive. Once it migrates to testing I'll close them."

However, according to http://packages.qa.debian.org/apt, apt is currently blocked from testing by pkern. Shouldn't this block be reconsidered given the impact of the bug?

Alternatively, please upload apt and aptitude to testing-proposed-updates with the only change against the current testing versions being the removal of Russian translations (and thus work around the bug).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov