Re: Testing migration doesn't check build-depends?

Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Steve Langasek [Sat, 10 May 2008 23:03:25 -0700]:
>
>> That wouldn't be a good idea unless we first get support for keeping
>> old library packages around in testing to allow asynchronous transitions.
>> Otherwise, testing transitions would become far more brittle than they
>> currently are.
>
> Oh, point. But I don't think there were plans to make the current
> britney support build-depends, and britney2 *already* supports keeping
> old library packages around.

I don't understand why dependency checking plus build dependency
checking would need support for keeping old library packages while
dependency checking without build dependency checking doesn't need it?

Isn't it just a matter of migrating needed build dependencies together
with migrating packages like it's also migrating needed dependencies
together now?

Cheers

Luk