Re: binNMUs for libffi4 removal

> What tool do you use do identify the list of packages to bin-nmu?

vorlon wrote a python script to handle package name transitions such as
SONAME bumps some time ago. As far as I know, no other tool is
around. For special cases, like the python2.5 and perl5.10, scripts were
written just for that transition (usually making use of pre-existing
tools).

> is there already a (dedicated) tool that checks dependencies on all
> arches?

This is currently implemented by using grep-dctrl on all Packages
files.

> (I ask because several of the packages listed above already have a
> dependency on libffi5 on i386 (virt-manager or streamtuner for example))

Those werent filed for i386. I've put my archive of all transition
binNMUs online, see http://raff.debian.org/~he/binNMU-archive/
Those contain the actual commands I fed to wanna-build.

Marc
--
BOFH #367:
Webmasters kidnapped by evil cult.