Re: Opinion of the Release Team on the ImageMagick transition

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> http://people.debian.org/~naoliv/misc/imagemagick/507269/diff-control.txt

 Hmm why didn't you add the Provides to libmagickwand-dev (which depends
 on libmagickcore-dev and so pulls everything which used to be there)?

> xine-lib - FTBFS (I think that it's not related with imagemagick)

 The symptom for broken imagemagick (well Wand) handling in this case is
 that the build seems to go to the end, but it fails with some missing
 plugin during dh_install or something similar.  Looking at the build
 log you provided, it's exactly the output I've hit with the new
 imagemagick in Ubuntu (which I fixed by changing xine-lib's build-deps
 in Ubuntu).

> librmagick-ruby - versioned depends on libmagick9-dev
> human-icon-theme - versioned depends on libmagick9-dev
> tangerine-icon-theme - versioned depends on libmagick9-dev

 I've pushed tangerine-icon-theme/0.26.debian-3 with a "libmagickcore-dev
 | libmagick9-dev" (unversionned) build-dep; it relies on
 ImageMagick.pc and the "convert" program.  In fact it doesn't really
 the ImageMagick libs, it just needs the .pc file to check the version
 of IM.

 I've also pushed human-icon-theme/0.28.debian-3 with the exact same
 changes for the same reasons.

 Release team: could you please unblock these two?  Not critical for
 lenny, but gets things in shape.

> With libmagickwand-dev (and thus need to update de build-deps),
> libmagickcore-dev, libmagickcore1, libmagickwand1, all at version
> 7:6.4.6.8.dfsg1-1:
>
> php-imagick - OK
> nip2 - FTBFS

 Ok, these would go away (and I would guess xine-lib as well, as it uses
 Wand) if you move the Provides to wand-dev.

> http://people.debian.org/~naoliv/misc/imagemagick/507269/logs/

 Thanks for these rebuilds and the diff,
--
Loïc Minier