Re: Freeze exception for csound

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 04:04:01PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
>* Jonas Smedegaard (dr@jones.dk) [081103 15:58]:

>> >Regardless of that, there's a missing build dep on gs: Grep in the
>> >build logs for "Error"
>>
>> Thanks - I noticed that as well. But that seems not fatal (only related
>> to documentation) so irrelevant for Lenny, right?
>
>If any of your package fails to build, the makefile needs to notice that
>and stop the build process. If not, the packages is fundamentally
>broken.

AFAICT no packages failed to build due to that gs "Error" message in the
build log. On the contrary, the compilation is invoked with a flag
generatePdf=0 which makes me assume that those errors are noise from the
latex subsystem that the upstream build system deliberately chose to
ignore.

If you insist that it is an RC error to not compile and ship PDF
documentation, or that upstream choices of suppressing exit codes for
parts of their routines, then please file bug reports about it and let
us work on fixing it all.

>Besides of that, documentation is important.

I agree that documentation is important. But do you say that it is RC? I
mean, would you rather not have CSound in Lenny, or an older,
technically broken CSound in Lenny, than a techically working CSound
missing some optional PDF files?

Sorry if I sound aggressive - I simply do not understand your point
here.

Greetings,

  - Jonas

- --