Re: Preparation of the next stable Debian GNU/Linux update (1st update)

Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 17.10.2008, 13:13 +0200 schrieb Philipp Kern:
>
> [..]
>> Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r5
>> =====================================
> [..]
>> If you would like to get a package updated in the stable release, you
>> are advised to talk to the stable release managers first (see
>> <http://www.debian.org/intro/organization>).
>
> I would like to get an update of xml-core into Etch. The reason is bug
> #482140 [1]. The update would not change the behaviour, but the
> dependencies and parts of the code-base (see the attachment and the bug
> report). xml-core would then just depend on perl-base and
> update-xmlcatalog should not longer fail during upgrade (seems, that
> this does not always happen). Independent from this change I will
> prepare an update to xml-core and docbook-xml (and other affected
> packages) for Lenny.

There is no requirement that people need to upgrade to the latest point
release before upgrading to lenny and we don't intend to introduce that
requirement. It also appears that you're too late to get this change
included in the currently planned point release...

If it gets 'fixed' in lenny, then I don't see a reason why anything else
is needed?

Cheers

Luk