Re: Handling conffile removal of powerbtn in acpid

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 12:01:01PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
>>  Clearly, the two packages handling the even like this is suboptimal,
>>  but I'm not sure not shipping the scripts is the solution; perhaps we
>>  should do like acpi-support and disable the scripts when GPM is
>>  running.
> We don't really ship them anymore. I understood Marc's email as just keeping
> the config files and not deleting them.

Actually, I meant shipping all scriptlets again.

>>  So I guess we should resume shipping the scripts, but disable it when
>>  gpm is running.  Is that ok with everybody?
> No, I don't see any value in shipping the files for new installations. Why
> should we create more hassle there than needed?

Because not shipping these scripts may lead to other, yet unknown
problems. We do know how to work around the known issues and how to
migrate away from it post-lenny. Keeping around another variant seems
like a source for more work in the future.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt (176: NT-Consulter)
       italienische Ledertreter, Achselschweiß. Erklärt Probleme dadurch, daß