Unblock (or better solutions) for ksplice (> 0.8.7)

Hi,
sorry if this mail comes a bit late in the release cycle, but I've
recently got a mail exchange with ksplice upstream, and our actual
situation isn't optimal.

Basically ksplice 0.8.7 pre-dates 2.6.26 kernel and has various serious
safety issues which can crash the whole kernel:
- race conditions at module unloading
- off-by-one bugs can lead to applying patches when it is unsafe
- no dependency enforcements, user actions can panic ksplice mechanism

Upstream agree with me that ksplice 0.8.7-1 shouldn't be released with
Lenny.
In the meantime, 0.9.0-1 fixes all of those and has been in unstable
already for more than two weeks without bugs, so if you are confident
with a complete new upstream release it should be ok.

Upstream already released 0.9.1, which isn't yet packaged, which
contains many improvements and in particular another 1-line patch to
improve offset calculations (which can be optimal to have in the final
stable package).

So I'm asking what you suggest to do:
- unblock 0.9.0-1 for lenny as is
- upload 0.9.0-1lenny0 to t-p-u with the backported offset patch
- upload the new 0.9.1-1 to sid and then unblock it for lenny
- remove 0.8.7-1 and release without ksplice (really, not good)

In any way a new upstream package should be targeted for lenny.

Cheers, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org