Re: NMU rules?

Hi Thomas,
* Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> [2008-10-06 00:11]:
> Have the NMU rules recently been changed in a way I was unaware of?  I
> recently encountered a 0-day NMU of a package of mine to fix an
> important bug, a normal bug, and a non-bug, without any patch posted to
> the bug log.

Looking at http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=tb I
only see two packages currently having NMUed versions in
unstable. lilypond (fixing 1 normal, 1 important) and jacal
(fixing 1 important).

No idea about the normal bug but NMUing important bugs is
documented in the developers reference. The 0-day NMU policy
applies as announce on -devel-announce before as always
before releases.
Besides that nothing had changed recently to my knowledge.

> In my judgment, it is unlikely that the release team would
> welcome this upload into testing (though I don't care much either way
> really).  It doesn't meet the criterea for a freeze exemption as far as
> I can tell.  That means that if an RC bug does appear, it will be extra
> hassle for me to make the right upload to fix it.
>
> But the NMU rules change with some regularity, and there isn't a single
> canonical place with the current rules at any point in time.  What's the
> current deal?

Not that I know, I don't think there is a current status
page specific to NMUs. Everything available should be on
http://release.debian.org/ I think.

Cheers
Nico
--