Re: 499236@bugs.debian.org

2008/10/4 Dmitry Astapov
> Hi,
>
> I've been tracking the progress of this bug with great interest and I'm
> happy to say that with ver. 0.99g5-5 of aspell-ru (and myspell-ru) russian
> spelling for flexional came back to norm. Thank you for your efforts!
>
> The only minor annoyance that is left is that aspell indeed insist on using
> "yo" (ё) instead of "ye" (е), and I vivdly remember the time when that was
> not the case. From the discussion here I gather that it is a matter of some
> build-time switch to enable or disable this behavoir. Could it be turned off
> by default or both alternatives provided (a-la w_accents/wo_accents for
> other languages)?

The only thing we do at built time is to generate all yo variants from
ye-only words as per upstream Makefile. We do not force usage of one
spelling over the other.

Anyhow, this bug's issue was about inflections being broken and, based
on Dmitry's above report, I will now close this bug.

RM: this means that the package may now safely be unblocked.  I'll
produce similar no-change uploads for my other ispell-generated
dictionaries later this weekend.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi