Re: State of pci.ids

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:52:19AM +1000, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:28:15PM +0200, Martin Mares wrote:
>>
>>I am concerned with the state of the pci.ids file in the current
>>pciutils package. It is seriously broken: It contains no subsystem
>>entries, no programming interface entries and no comments including the
>>top comment with version and copyright information.
>
>pci.ids has been stripped for a long time and it was done to reduce its
>size for the Debian-Installer.

That's all well and good, but if something is stripped for D-I, it
should only be stripped for the udeb, not for the version on the
installed system (as supplied by the normal package).

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"