State of pci.ids

Hello, world!\n

I am concerned with the state of the pci.ids file in the current pciutils
package. It is seriously broken: It contains no subsystem entries, no
programming interface entries and no comments including the top comment with
version and copyright information.

As the upstream maintainer, I strongly believe that this problem should
be fixed for Lenny, because it makes the output of lspci too broken
for normal use.

I have submitted this as Bug #496655 on August 26th, but the package
maintainer has not reacted yet.

Is there any standard mechanism for handling such problems?

(If the current maintainer is no more interested in maintaining pciutils,
I would volunteer to join Debian and take care of the package myself.)

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares                          <mj@ucw.cz>   http://mj.ucw.cz/
"It is easier to port a shell than a shell script." -- Larry Wall