Re: Pyrex and Soya fixes for Lenny

COin,

Quoting "Adeodato Simó" <dato@net.com.org.es>:

Pyrex was unblocked, and soya wasn't because of (you were told) the
horrible diff. However I consider there's no other nicer way to fix
this, plus having soya's pyx files be rebuildable is good wrt potential
fixes to those files in stable or security, so I've unblocked soya as
well.

Sorry for the delay, i was having horrible security problems at work, and was not able to gather any time for any project.

Thanks a lot for the unblock. I could have put the pyrex generated files in a patch, but that would just have changed the box, not the content. I don't know pyrex enough to be able to split the pyrex changes and apply only the fix to the RC bug. I do believe that the pyrex generated files should not be shipped anymore with the source. This could be achieved by regenerating the tarball or asking the author not to ship them. Even if the diff if horrible, a note in README.source could explain the reason if necessary, if you think this is useful.

I'm CC-ing the maintainer taking over this package to let him know about the issue.

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)