Re: gnucash 2.2.6-2: please allow into testing

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:38:14AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 00:32 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >        EPERM  The  file system containing oldpath and newpath does not support
> >               the creation of hard links.

> > That seems to cover any case where the kernel might return ENOSYS...

> Yes, but this is not glibc's responsibility; it is the kernel's.  and, i
> think the kernel should pass back the error it gets too.  it is sshfs
> which should do the same thing as everyone else.  clearly someone read
> and misunderstood the ENOSYS documentation.

FWIW, I know there have been other cases in the past where glibc has handled
ENOSYS returns for unimplemented syscalls and fallen back to older,
less-preferred interfaces to avoid returning ENOSYS to the caller for a case
where the ENOSYS is an implementation detail between glibc and the kernel.
I can see that this isn't completely analogous to the sshfs case, though,
since link isn't exactly a new syscall...  So if this should be regarded as
an sshfs bug, that's fine with me.