Re: gnucash 2.2.6-2: please allow into testing

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:44:00PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Given that sshfs's errno return is "wildly wrong",

The errors are not "wrong". The lists in the documentation are not
terminal.

The open group spec say[1]:
| The ERRORS section on each page specifies whether an error will be returned, or
| whether it may be returned. Implementations will not generate a different error
| number from the ones described here for error conditions described in this
| specification, but may generate additional errors unless explicitly disallowed
| for a particular function.

>                                                       Possibly on glibc,
> which I think is responsible for ensuring that the errno values returned
> from its userspace functions are compliant, even when the kernel's return
> values need to be mapped?

And which value should they be mapped to?

Bastian

[1]: http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7990989775/xsh/errors.html

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9