Re: fix for 445595 - smpeg NMU

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 05:54, Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:49:49PM +0000, Russell Coker wrote:
>
> The patch is broken. Next time, please guess that if there is a guard like:
>
>   #if defined(i386) && defined(USE_MMX)
>
> It's because the file is built on all architectures.

Are i386 and AMD64 the only architectures that support non-executable stacks?

If not then which architectures have this support?

How does the patch break things?  I don't think that adding a few bytes to a
shared object counts as breakage, in the case of security relevant bugs I
think it's best to err on the side of caution.