Re: requesting permission for tiff upload with security patch

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> I've prepared new tiff packages for stable-security and
> testing-security that include a patch to fix a recently discovered
> security problem.  With the permission of the release team, I would
> like to go ahead and upload to unstable as well.  The version would be
> 3.8.2-11, and I would upload with urgency high because of the security
> update.  The change is small and safe.
>
> In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I also
> switched my patch management from cdbs simple-patchsys to quilt.  I
> have done thorough testing to make sure that the package is otherwise
> the same, so I believe this is safe to upload to unstable even at this
> late date.
>
> I won't take any action without an okay from the release team.

Please upload.

One remark though: We rather not see the switch of the patch management
system this close to release. If you do decide to go for the patch
management change we'll have to review the result of that change which
takes more time...

Cheers

Luk